Homemade gifts are valued by all, and especially if they are edible!
Everyone has their family traditions for baking and other tasty treats, but there is a world of edible gifts beyond tradition that can make the season special for your family and friends. This presentation will feature demonstrations where people can see techniques in action as well as finished products.
Learn all about:
- traditions of gifting with edibles;
- ideas for 2018; tips for planning ahead;
- sourcing items not grown at home;
- harvesting those that you either grow yourself or forage for;
- and a bunch of ideas and recipes and techniques; and some finishing touches and decorations that are either edible themselves or from upcycled materials.
Participants will see just how easy and stress-free it is to start some new traditions and make their own special edible gifts for 2018!
Broadcast from Okotoks Public Library.